The MRCA 2016 Summer Mini Meet
22-23 July at the
Infoage Science History Center in Wall Township, NJ. This is the
site of Marconi's 1914 Trans-Atlantic receiver station that became the U.S. Army
Evans Signal Laboratory in 1941.
This event coincides with the New Jersey Antique Radio Club's Summer
Swap Meet being held in cooperation with the Ocean Monmouth
Amateur Radio Club.
Other attractions at InfoAge ( 1 - 5 PM, Saturday) include:
The Military Technology
The New Jersey Ship Wreck Museum
The Vintage Computer Federation Museum
The NJARC Radio Technology
And if that's not enough, there's the NJHDA
Colloquium on Shipwrecks,
8 - 10:30 PM, Saturday.
K4CHE's coverage of
the 2009 Mini Meet.
How can I participate?
1) Just visiting: Attend the Sawp Meet as a buyer, 8AM - Noon and/or
visit the Museums 1 - 5 PM. - Just show up!
2) Vendor at the Swap Meet: $30 per generous space. Please register
with the folks on the
3) Set up an outdoor radio display, Saturday 1 - 5 PM.
4) Arrive on Friday, and sleep over. Best to aim for early PM arrival,
as late afternoon/evening shore traffic is annoying.
Please coordinate with Al Klase,
on items 3 and 4.
- There are places for vehicles, access to bathroom facilities, and trees
- There is some bunk space in the 1914 Marconi Station Managers Cottage.
Bring cot or air mattress just in case.
- We can organize a cookout on Friday evening.
- Possible participation in the Old Military Radio Net, 3885 AM, Saturday
- We'll need a young stud to crank the GN-58 for the BC-1306.
- Of course, we'll check into Moose and Squirrel at noon Saturday.